Skip to main content

About this Show

Glenn Beck

News/Business. (2010)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
Annapolis, MD, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Port 1236

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
mp2

PIXEL WIDTH
720

PIXEL HEIGHT
480

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Us 6, Clinton 4, Woodrow Wilson 4, United States 3, Glenn 3, Hoveround 3, Obama Administration 3, Georgia 3, California 3, Boston 3, Obama 2, Edward Bernays 2, Lippmann 2, Rupert Murdock 2, Cass Sunstein 2, Coca-cola 2, Michelle 2, Washington 2, San Francisco 2, Michigan 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    Glenn Beck    News/Business.  (2010)  

    September 23, 2010
    2:00 - 3:00am EDT  

2:00am
>> good night from washington. see you tomorrow night. >> glenn: welcome to the "glenn beck program." last night, america, i gave you a choice. and it's really important. here's the choice: do we agree with the people in washington? democrats, republicans, independents, tea party. i think this is the average person who is like yeah, i'm cool with america. things are unsustainable. yes. the obama administration thinks it is, too. but we believe in the free market solutions. and the small government of the people. we look to our founders for the original intent because our system has been perverted. there are people that are abusing the system, there are people that are abusing each other. there are criminals, bribery, there's corruption. what do we do? we go back to a small government and we punish the people who are doing the wrong things. that's not what the obama administration wants to do. they believe things are unsustainable.
2:01am
last night i showed you in their own words. they want to redistribute wealth and they are going for a global government run by elite. not a conspiracy theory. not at all. it's in their own words. tonight we'll take it one step further. fundamental transformation of america. you cannot look at any story in today's news and make sense of it. none of it makes sense. if you look at what we're doing and you look at it with your eyes. you say what are they doing? tonight i'm going to show you some more. look at it through the eyes of the progressives. and the massive structure that they're building. only then can you make sense of what they're doing and the regulation progressives are enforcing to get there. beware. progressives will not be up front. they work in the cover of darkness and through manipulation. their words, not mine. tonight, we shine the light on them. again. ♪ ♪
2:02am
>> glenn: okay, america. hello. you know it and i know it that almost everything that you own is losing value. it's called deflation. household wealth has fallen now $1.5 trillion. that's just in the second quarter this year. household net worth has fallen over $10 trillion since the recession began. stocks are down almost $2 trillion. you're not making as much money. unemployment numbers are shooting up. things aren't much better for the government. economist now out of boston university is saying that the government is hiding the true amount of the debt. and practicing enron-like accounting. he says the real debt is 15 times higher than the government estimates. he's calculating it at $202
2:03am
trillion if you include the non-budgetary items like unfunded liabilities, medicare, medicaid, social security, defense in the budget. fannie and freddie. $202 trillion. can't get your way out of that box. all right. some of the other things in the news today. been six months. americans still have no idea what is in the health bill. nancy pelosi says once it's passed we'll find out. oh, boy, we are finding out. the bill is now about to destroy private insurance companies making it more difficult for children to get health insurance. now, this is something that i told you over a year ago was coming. how did i know that? i'm not a prophet or eseer. i'm a guy that listens to
2:04am
what they say and i don't dismiss because it sounds crazy. that's what they're counting on. they are counting on you going well, no, nobody would do that. yes, they would and they are. that's how a lot of the stuff that we have talked about the last three nights, you knew 15 months ago, because i told you it would happen. now it is. we looked at it again. this is what your friends are doing. your friends are looking at it from their eyes. we believe in the free market. we believe in small government. they're still arguing the size of government. bigger or a little smaller. much bigger or much smaller? forget about that. these are the eyes that everything needs to be viewed in. then the news make sense. then you can predict them. obama said his ultimate goal is a single-payer tax system. i told you when we were going through healthcare the single payer system was where he
2:05am
wanted to be. i wasn't guessing. i played his own words. he said that's what he wanted and you would have to get there and take it one step at a time. here is what i played for you. >> i happen to be a proponent of single payer universal healthcare plan. single payer healthcare plan. universal healthcare plan. that's what i'd like to see. as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. >> glenn: notice the sign underneath him is afl-cio. that was in 2003. i played it for you all during the debate. nobody would listen. in march, once healthcare was passed, notice he didn't say he didn't want it or was against it or anything like that. he's angry with the charge. listen to the exchange between him and the audience member. [ yelling ] >> that's not in it. because, we couldn't get it through congress. that's why. >> glenn: that's why. he couldn't get it through
2:06am
congress, otherwise it would have been there. no, you said you were against it. after you said you were for it. you have to look at it through their eyes. one step to drive the private insurers out is make them unprofitable. they couldn't pass it through congress so they know. built a system and force it to collapse, slowly but surely, through all kind of regulations. you make insurance unprofitable. obama care mandates insurer covers all preexisting conditions. they cannot refuse anyone. that is like telling casinos they must cover everybody. everybody must win, even if they don't make a bet. casinos would go out of business. yes, but it's fair. they won't recognize. they don't need all that money.
2:07am
they won't know it's gone. it leaves the door open for people to may for the health insurance. then they get sick and sign up for health insurance and then the insurance company has to pay when they're sick. insurance companies have done the math. they won't stay in business so they'll drop out of the market. who gets blamed? media spins it as big evil insurers. who will be there to save the day? government. collapse the system. make sure you have the net. the framework so it collapses in to your arms. this is creating the crisis so people say fix it and you have the structure in place. 61% of the american people believe we are on the wrong track. i can't believe it's not higher than that.
2:08am
68% of americans believe lowering taxes is the way to create jobs. why aren't they doing it? it's not what they believe. they don't believe in the free market system. they don't believe in small government. i told you in their own words what they believe. so now, if you look at it from their perspective, now their actions make seemingly bizarre actions totally understandable. why do they refuse to lower taxes? it will grow jobs. it makes america stronger. it makes them in turn less dependent on solutions. makes them easier to achieve global distribution of wealth and global governance. it becomes clear why our wealth is falling. it's by design. the current science czar john
2:09am
holdren advocates for the dedevelopment of development. if you advocate for dedevelopment of america, think of that. then your science czar would be happy to see the wealth go down. it's the levelling of playing field. who do they not tell you what is in healthcare? they know you don't want government healthcare. by the time you figure out that's what they did, it be will too late. those companies will be out of business, they'll be gone. once america figuring it out, it's too late. that's why they have to make it sound like a conspiracy theory. that's why they do everything they can to keep it under the cover. accuse, accuse, accuse. crazy, crazy, crazy, crazy. then it ends up happening. why? because you lost now a year-and-a-half. it will be too late eventually when rest of america figures it out. why do they hide the real
2:10am
debt? they know, they know you're not this person. you're not cloward and piven. you don't want to collapse the system. you don't want to have billion ayers and acorn and -- bill ayers and acorn and seiu and the global elites. this isn't you! you will do the hard thing. so your children will have an opportunity to have america, a chance for liberty later on. so what they do is they hide it. they keep going with the charade until they've got their structure in place. then they have complete control over you. now listen to me, that is a powerful statement. that is an amazing claim to make on national tv, to say that progressives in power right now, these people, are putting in place a system that will control every aspect of your life. how does rupert murdock keep me on the air if that's not
2:11am
true? well, he keeps me on the air because i have the proof to back it up. their words, i have them on tape saying these things. let me start with the most dangerous man in america. cass sunstein. here he is. he seems like a nice guy. i know republicans who love him. i knowropes who say i'm -- republicans who say i'm crazy about him. that's fine. let the evidence of his actions and his own words and you decide. let me put him out. you decide. i say he is the most dangerous man for a couple of reasons. for a year-and-a-half, you haven't understood, because you haven't seen his work and i haven't been able to point to his work until now. now that i can, look out. the clock is ticking. he doesn't have to post his work online anywhere. he doesn't answer to you. he doesn't have to hold a press conference. he doesn't have to do anything except what he wants to do. you won't know anything about
2:12am
what he has done until long after he's gone. that's the first reason. the first reason he's dangerous because you never see him coming. the second reason is because besides the unchecked power he has to regulate every single industry and person in america, he also believes that the best solution for america to fix it because we both agree it's unsustainable is the redistribution of wealth and global government run by elites. he sees you as homer simpson, as in his own words. >> once we see people as human and as homer simpson, then there is a lot that can be done to manipulate them. >> glenn: how many times do i have to play that on television before americans are outraged? you know who they are, then you can eliminate them.
2:13am
i'll get to old dusty books today. this happened before. unintelligent, that's who you are. you're incapable of making decisions that will ultimately better america and the globe. the reason why the show is successful, i say the opposite is true. sunstein wants to control you. he is helping the government control you. he fancies himself, his words, a choice architect. he's going to take out all the bad choices and leave you with only the ones he sees as good ones. so you go in and order your mcdonald's hamburger. would you like carrots or broccoli with that? i want french fries. no, sorry. these are the choices. that way you can't choose poorly. you are a lab rat. you have been tricked in compliance with the global redistribution of wealth. levelling the playingfield scheme. every day that we play republican and democrat
2:14am
politic politics is another day we lose. don't you see they are using us on that game? you have to see it through their eyes. this is what they see. things are unsustainable. everybody knows, it's unsustainable. so how to solve it now? we say small government, they say redistribution of wealth. not between the rich, not from rupert murdock to you. but from you to venezuela. redistribution of wealth and global government run by elites. once you understand this, this story is going to make sense. this is happening today. hillary clinton wants global standard for cook stoves. what? if you are looking at life, free market solution, small government, this is unsustainable. this makes no sense. you say what is she doing? cook stoves?
2:15am
this of this not through your eyes but their eyes. cook stoves. earth has a temperature. redistribution of wealth and global framework. re-read the goals. clinton says she wants to boost access to large-scale carbon financing. redistribution of wealth. because it's unsustainable. she added our long-term goal is to have a universal adoption all over the world. global governance. not about saving the planet. it's taking away the structure for the elites to take control. america figured this out. in time, barely, but in time in about 1918.
2:16am
figured it out when woodrow wilson talked about the league of nations, which was global governance. now, does the story make sense through your eyes? that story with hillary clinton, no. does it make sense over here? yes! their clear ideology is a clear and present danger to america. look how the choice architect changed your life because you're homer simpson and you haven't noticed. these are just the things they've done in the last 18 months on food. now, this is all going to be up on foxnews.com, fox nation, blaze.com and glennbeck.com. i want you to see all of these things. start with food. left to your own devices you'll eat too much, be a big fatty and eat the wrong food. you'll become unhealthy. enter cass sunstein and the
2:17am
choice architect. boston officials, who is in charge of boston -- that's right, barack obama's best friend -- they are considering a ban on soda in vending machines and snack bars across the city. reason? people are too fat. a third grader was given a harsh punishment of a week's detention. why? not for a fight, not for a gun. but for violating junk state laws on junk food limits. she wasn't trafficking chocolate to other students. no, no, no. she had a jolly rancher. i say a jolly rancher, i don't mean a bag. i mean a jolly rancher. a week's detention. new york city, had a bill introduced last march. it read no owner or operator of the restaurant shall use any salt in any form for food by consumption of customers. they would be fined $1,000. california, the first to ban transfat to battle heart disease because it's best for
2:18am
you, the f.d.a. amazingly threatened to crackdown on cheerios. they threatened -- here is the letter. threatened to regulate them. cheerios. why? because they made they made unauthorized health claims. notice they didn't say "inaccurate." it was "unauthorized." they said to consider the serial a drug which could not be marketed without being submitted first for approval. cheerios. do you know the history of the f.d.a.? how it started? progressives brought it to us. it has a lot to do with coca-cola. when coca-cola was, it was the first soft drank made in 1886. coca stands for cocaine.
2:19am
before cocaine was illegal, coke removed it from the drink. that's 1904, they took all the cocaine out. the first test of the federal -- the pure drug and food law was to -- that was the first f.d.a. was to go after coca-cola. they seized the shipment of coca-cola and charged that it was adulterated and misbranded. the title said coca, referred to that in the name. so said had to be removed. they said it has been removed. replaced it with caffeine. they won't to court on this and they lost. they said it's false advertising, because it doesn't have cocaine in it. well, you didn't want cocaine in it. but it's false advertising. when that didn't work, they
2:20am
went after caffeine and argued that caffeine was nature's poison and should also be removed. eventually, the case made it all the way to the supreme court, which ruled in favor, and i don't know how much longer we can do this, saying it's the real thing. do you notice all the solutions, all the solutions to these problems, never you. you just remove the bad choice. no, no, no. you have can't have this. this isn't good for you. none of the solutions help businesses in any way. the progressives expand strategy to all areas of life. how? oh, wait, i'll, i'll show you this and i'll show you all of this. and more! next. if you're faced with
2:21am
2:22am
2:23am
2:24am
losing your independence, hoveround can help. call us today! choose hoveround and stay in your own home. i did and so can you! call right now. call hoveround today and you'll receive a free mobility consultation, a free dvd information kit and free hoveround delivery to your home. go to hoveround.com or call the number on your screen. ♪ >> glenn: okay. so we are telling you about all the regulations put in place in the last 18 months. to solution for violence. ban guns. toy safety? regulate yard sales. can't have yard sales anymore. remember operation resell round-up we told you about? nobody else reported on it. we said it was a big deal.
2:25am
your yard sale is being regulated. now every private transaction over $600 annually you have to fill out a form for the i.r.s. that one was tucked in the healthcare bill. to raise $17 billion to help pay for the health. if i epay for something over $600, i have to report it? excuse me? private transaction. san francisco now wants to ban pet, you can't sell pets because too many people don't know what they're getting into. georgia cited -- this is not georgia. this is georgia. cited a man, we told you yesterday, for growing vegetables. growing vegetables on his own property and giving them away. california begins imposing strict efficiency standards on big screen tvs. you have can't get one like this or smaller in california because it's too big. it's using too much energy. jeans, baggy pants. banned. georgia town. san francisco, they want to ban happy meals. at mcdonald's. because, well, you, you're
2:26am
marketing to kids. they want the toy! by the way, there is a recommendation out now by the institute of medicine that there should be no fast food zoning. just like no gun zones. no fast food zones around schools. they'll push them out farther and farther. out of the food deserts. the s.e.c. has begun to regulate bloggers. why would you do that? it's not freedom of speech. regulate them a little bit. department of labor cracked down on paid internships. saying they aretantment to exploitation. so they won't get experience. group of michigan -- in michigan, group of home-based day care providers forced by government officials to pay union dues when they're not in the union. another story. iffer you don't view through -- if you don't view through the lens of modern day progressives, redistribution of wealth, global government run by elites and things are
2:27am
unsustainable and you are homer simpson, you shrug them off. oregon senator proposed a tax credit for breast feeding. because, you know, they just want mothers to, you know, keep their children healthy. yeah, i'm sure they do. nothing wrong with breastfeeding. nothing at all. my wife and i both agree it's the best thing for the child. but we choose. instead of just relying on the power of persuasion to get people to breastfeed, instead of using alternative, special interest groups resorted to embeding this in the tax code to nudge you. not only that, there will be a new regulation added, performance standard for breast pumps. and mandatory for employers to now provide break-time for breastfeeding. they made the breast pumps more expensive because now there has to be more testing on it and standards have to be higher. i'm sure it's just a coincidence, but do you remember one of the stories that kind of stuck out to us
2:28am
a year or so ago. it was ducked in the healthcare bill? there was an excise tax on medical devices such as wheelchairs and breast pumps. no one could figure it out at the time. now you know it's redistribution wealth and global governance and you're homer simpson, i will put you in a maze like a rat and tell you where to run. now it makes sense, doesn't it? no, it was just this to help pay for the healthcare plan. all right. is the united states and the united states senate full of really overzealous pro-breastfeeding activists? no. no. is the united states? no. who is the driving force behind this one? well, it is center for american progress. a george soros organization. the center for american progress. they promote breastfeeding as
2:29am
a healthier option. why? because homer simpson over there. that's homer. he's not going to correctly choose breastfeeding? and we're getting obese like homer. that's why we're banning all the foods. "americans need to make healthier choices." they believe breastfeeding can prevent obesity. the big issue is not about breastfeeding. it's their solution. it's always the same. it's to nudge you. cass sunstein. treat you like a lab rat. trick you in to the perceived better choice. so the breastfeeding bill comes from center for american progress. higher prices on breast pumps, you may not have the money, so you will make the other choice. all to fight obesity. who else is fighting obesity
2:30am
between cass sunstein? michelle obama. she's in line with this report. the report says it can be prevented by increasing availability of healthy food options. that's what michelle said. we get the replace butter with apples idea. eating patterns, that means put the carrots in front and the fries on special order, which is weird because it's in here and in here. and michelle obama came up with that all by herself. cultural attitudes around body weight and collecting data on kid's b.m.i. for the preventive reason. in other words, they say make sure every kid gets bmi. the bmi. michelle says she started to fight childhood obesity because her doctor said her daughters were out of balance and needed the bmi checked. coincidently, they say the same things. america, they are years ahead of us. years. because we didn't believe anyone would be believe this
2:31am
stuff. they knew you wouldn't believe it a you'd never see it coming. center for american progress is designing the structure for your future life. this is first wave coming on shore. progressives are trying to improve your choices. by taking your choices away. there is a history to it. that is next. ñ÷
2:32am
2:33am
2:34am
2:35am
2:36am
divided obama administration. join me in 24 minutes for "special report" now. back to glenn. ♪ ♪ >> glenn: believe it or not, america, you are being manipulated every single day. it's what progressives do. they believe that you are stupid, you're homer simpson. and that be creating a crisis, they can manipulate homer in to, you know, doing what we want them to do. now, there are two ways if you want to manipulate
2:37am
somebody, there are two ways you can get them to do something. if you have a pet, or homer, all you have to do is just put a shock collar around homer's throat and you shock him once in a while. you can do that, but you wouldn't start with a shock collar. no, you'd give homer a treat. that's what he wants. that's what motivates him. if you have a pet, you just do a dog biscuit. if you are training your dog, shot collar, or positive reinforcement, a treat. doughnuts. or a shock collar. this has been going on for 100 years three. guys that america doesn't really know, and we're going to concentrate on in the next month or so came from woodrow wilson circle. i hate that guy. they created modern day propaganda. they created it to use on us. their own country citizens.
2:38am
colonel house, diplomat, litman in the media and bernays, p.r., ad man. let's go over the guys quick. do your own homework on this. don't take anything i say as truth just because i say it. do your own homework. find out if it's true. read original sources. this one is colonel house. this is his stuff. he helped start federal reserve and council of foreign relations and created groups like that circumvent the process, to put in place of what the founders put on. house said the federal reserve, "would give stability and take away the power." he says, "i am suggesting that the central board be increased from four members to five and their terms be lengthened from eight to ten years. this would give stability and take away the power of the foth change the personnel of the board in a single term in office." he wanted to circumvent the system.
2:39am
these were foreign ideas in his time. walter litman was a spooky dude. every journalist studies and admire him. they love him. read this one. "the phantom public." he believes that people just need to be told what to do. we needed benevolent administrators. that is what he did best. he thought if we just made them do things, in this book, he says the -- lippmann says the sans eugenics. another spooky idea. colonel house wrote "phillip drew, administrator." and lippmann said we can get to the administration through eugenics, american idea. it ended in germany in the holocaust. so it was discredited. but they came up with another
2:40am
idea instead of eugenics. they added a third guy to the mix. this guy. edward bernays. this guy was very, very open about his intent to manipulate people. he was the cass sunstein of his time. shock collars and treats for stupid people. you don't need to breed it out of them. you don't need to kill them. you just shock collar and treat them in the behavior you want. just like the other guys he believes in administration and big government and everything else, but just not through eugenics. he said the best way to manipulate is make an idea seem like it was their idea. anybody see the new movie out, "inception?" if you seen that? kind of bernays. make it seem like it's their idea. bernays told pianos but he didn't say come on out and buy a piano. no, no, no. he said if for instance i
2:41am
want to sell pay pie -- pianos he said it's not sufficient to blank the country with direct appeal. such as you buy an mozart piano now. it is cheap, best art lists use it. instead he wanted a music room and created the hype around the music rooms and organized exhibition of period music rooms by well-known designers, decorate the rooms with rare and valuable tapestry, where you might keep people, violinist or popular artist. pretty soon, they're like i got to have a piano. guess who is there to sell a piano? it's like you pass healthcare. it's wildly unpopular because 84% of americans are happy with the programs. but tell them 30 million people are dieing in the street and evil doctors are cutting people feet off or taking out kid's tonsils that don't need to be taken out for extra money for
2:42am
themselves. but see in his day, no one was sweeping conspiracy theory. the charge of conspiracy theory is from this dynamic. a progressive left. and now it's being used as an art form. propaganda. done by these really evil guys. propaganda. charge of conspiracy theories. i don't have to go back to the dusty woodrow wilson or f.d.r. era. i'll show you the words of cass sunstein next.
2:43am
2:44am
2:45am
2:46am
2:47am
>> glenn: progressives have been manipulating people for 100 years and it started with woodrow wilson. colonel house, walter lippmann and edward bernays. america found out they were being manipulated and they got away from it. but they are counting on you not seeing it. all they need is time to get the framework in place. established trick they use. go back to cass sunstein. if you call it a conspiracy theory, no one beliefs them. if you look at the kenya conspiracy theory came from?
2:48am
do you know where that he was born in kenya? hillary clinton's camp. you label it a conspiracy theory. he was born in the united states, clear and simple. now cass sunstein wrote a paper on conspiracy theory. in it, we've gone through it and he says the government can ban the theory and they might have pulled tax on the conspiracy theory and might engage in counterspeech. he goes on and says the price of credibility is that government cannot be seen to control independent experts. although, the government can supply these independent experts with information. and perhaps prod them. you don't mean "prod." you mean nudge, right? prod them into action. too close of a connection will prove self-defeating if it's exposed.
2:49am
some conspiracy theory turn out to be true. under our definition, they're not conspiracy theories. if they're true they're still conspiracy theories. what does that mean? it means, well, you have to discredit people calling them conspiracy theorists. i think they're growing some. have you noticed how differently berthers are treated by this government? i mean, i've never seen a presidential passport before, but why did they release that? why is it the president and the white house are always bringing up the berther thing? i don't hear it in the everyday talk. they feed conspiracy theories of the crazies by missing truth with lies. if they get that conspiracy theory, they can put everything else under the umbrella. robert gibbs did that responding to claims but newt gingrich that he is defined by kenyan anti-colonial world view. well documented idea. political theory, but what
2:50am
did gibbs do? watch. >> trying to appeal to the fringe that don't believe the president was born in this country. you normally expect better from people in the house. >> glenn: nothing to do with where he was born. gingrich didn't say anything about that. it has nothing to do with when he grew up in hawaii. they are masters at the form of misdirection and inception. all they want to do is buy time. they learned it from the very best. the monsters of the american past.
2:51am
2:52am
2:53am
2:54am
>> glenn: the bibble says by their fruits he shall know them. what are the fruits of the progressives? both times, when they couldn't get what they wanted, they had to create an emergency. the two times we have had giant progressive government, wilson and f.d.r., they couldn't get you on board. so when they showed you, you know, a beautiful music room and couldn't get you to buy the piano, both times, both times big government progressives rounded people up. american citizens, put them in camps. let us not forget those two black marks on our history came from progressive heroes.
2:55am
progressive democratic presidents. yes, the people who are champions of civil rights. they took homes, took property, and they took freedom and liberty from american citizens. show you a marker from montana. this is a marker of where the camps used to be. we vowed to never forget. may we never, may this event be remembered. why would we want to remember an event like this in we round up americans? because the nudging begins. when we don't go where they say to go, we have to nudge harder and then shove. big government does that. the same road we are traveling now. the big gigantic government from progressivism from the left or the right includes social justice, always, always it ends with one of these.
2:56am
may this event be remembered? why? so we don't repeat the mistakes of the past
2:57am
2:58am
2:59am
>> bret: i have seen my critics say that i am pushing big religion. i'm not. >> i'm pushing faith because god is our answer. i'll do a show, though, however that will drive the critics nuts because they'll never see this coming. i'll show why the coupling of g